Friday, September 27, 2013

MAC Rebecca Moses Illustrated Nude Lip Bag, Review & Swatches.

Okay, I feel so envy with you girls who are strong enough to write a post about 2 or more lip products (or anything you feel need to apply on your complexion, taking pictures of yourself & the products, editing, and posting).
I think I’ve spent 6 hours (4 different days, 1 hours or slightly more each day) to finish my post. I should say that I’m satisfied enough, but I might update this post in future, to make it better.

I’ve posted about my august haul in this post, where this Rebecca Moses’s Illustrated Nude Lip Bag is included. Sometimes, in the middle of year, MAC will make an illustrated collection, collaborated with fashion designer (for 2013, it’s Rebecca Moses) which usually contains of kits, palettes and brush sets.  I was on Temptalia, reading her review & swatch about Nude Lip Bag and realize that this kit is amazing. I mean, 3 products (4 if you count the bag) for $ 39.5. The amazingness wasn’t stop there, for me, this kit contains of products that great to use together as they’re alone.


MAC Rebecca Moses Illustrated Nude Lip Bag are contains of :
1 make up pouch
1 MAC lip pencil in Boldly Bare
1 MAC cremesheen lipstick in Naked Proof
1 MAC lipglass in Drawn to Chic


The bag is made from something vinyl-like. It’s waterproof but not dirty proof. It’s designed with lip and ribbon illustration in outside, and black with white ribbon inside. This is my make up pouch to go since arrived.


Inside, there's MAC logo and Rebecca Moses' sign on clear divider. I've put a white paper behind to help you get what i mean :)



None of them come in special packaging but as long as i know, all of them are Limited Edition.
I think all of them are easily dupeable, but again, i think they're good for the price. And it's MAC.


Boldly Bare (lip pencil) is described as reddish brown, with matte finish. It has good color payoff, and kinda easy to apply.
I only have 1 lip pencil from Nyx before, and this one from MAC is a lot way better. I love how it stand on my lips passing full course meal and plenty of water. I applied a lip butter underneath to make it somehow shinier, not as matte as it supposed to be if I wear it alone.
Actually, I haven’t tried it as a base for another lipstick than Naked Proof, which basically has similar color with BB. With Naked Proof, it could help Naked Proof stay longer and more flattering since Naked Proof looks paler on me when used alone than with BB as base.



Naked Proof (crèmesheen lipstick) is a neutral cream beige. It has good color payoff (1 swipe to show a hint of color and 2 swipes to make a full coverage) and it last about 2 hours on me when used alone, and 3-4 hours with BB as base.
I put a high expectation to NP since it really looks so pretty and seems like my kin of MLBB shade. It’s not really disappointing, it’s not washed me out everytime I use it, only sometimes when I’m getting paler, but I always could help it with Drawn to Chic lipglass.
I found that MAC crèmesheen formula isn’t as drying as their Retro Matte (I have Ronnie Red to compare it with) on me.

 


Drawn to Chic (lip glass) is a bright warm pink that sometimes makes me think about pinker and glossier version of Betty Bright. It doesn’t contains of shimmer, so it’s easy to make a naturally pink and healthy lips look. It’s opaque and thick. Sometimes I found it hard to blend with it’s own brush (doe-foot shape).
Because of it’s thickness, it could last longer on lips. I also found it not drying, slightly hydrating.


Going into Swatch .. i'm kinda satisfied with my pictures, but if you don't, please let me know ^^


hand swatch, no base, natural lighting, no flash



[1] lip + lip balm
[2] lip + lip balm + boldy bare lip pencil
[3]   lip + lip balm + boldy bare lip pencil + naked proof lipstick
[4] lip + lip balm + boldy bare lip pencil + naked proof lipstick + drawn to chic lip glass

I'm really sorry that i can't picture lip swatch of each product for now. Maybe for future-update? :)

______________________

In the end of post, i'd tell you again that i'm happy with my purchase. Each product are fulfilling my expectation and i love to wear 'em, especially lip liner and lip glass!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...